A baby is born with a need to be loved - and never outgrows it.
Frank A. Clark

Our family

Our family
October 2011

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

mom knows best

How is it that moms know everything? And how is it that my mom always knows what I'm gonna need before I do? It's like espn or something. ;)

This past weekend when my mom & sis were here we went shopping & running around. We were in this bookstore when mom picked up this book and started telling me how great it was. It was a daily devotional book. I've seen lots of them, I have lots of them. The small, one-page daily reads...as you can tell I was real impressed...
But mom kept on about this book, saying that each one spoke to her and it was as if God was speaking to her heart. I admit I was intrigued. She said, "If you're interested I'll buy it for you." Now, I've never been one to turn down a gift, so I said 'sure'.

Ever since we got baby H my bible studies have slowed down to a crawl. And when I have found time to sit down...either b/c the baby is asleep or entertained...I find myself getting distracted with my mental list making of things I need to get done while he's occupied....focusing isn't my strong suit. So I thought, 'yeah I'll give this little book a try.'

I have had this book since Saturday and today(wednesday) was the first day I picked it up. Let me just say...this chick packed a lot of good stuff into a little book!
Kris and I had a hard afternoon yesterday after getting an progress update from H's lawyer, and so today I opened the book needing words to calm my fears and bring rest to my crazy thoughts...and this is what I read:

Come to Me with all your weaknesses: physical, emotional, and spiritual. Rest in the comfort of My Presence, remembering that nothing is impossible with Me. Pry your mind away from your problems so you can focus your attention on Me. Recall that I am able to do immeasurably more than all you ask or imagine. Instead of trying to direct Me to do this and that, seek to attune yourself to what I am already doing. When anxiety attempts to wedge its way into your thoughts, remind yourself that I am your Shepherd. The bottom line is that I am taking care of you; therefore, you needn't be afraid of anything. Rather than trying to maintain control over your life, abandon yourself to My will. Though this may feel frightening--even dangerous, the safest place to be is in My will.
Jesus Calling by Sarah Young
...
...
...
...
...yep, not much left to say after that...Thank you Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Love your title. And you are right, they do know best! Glad she got that book for you. Sounds just right.
    Your enthusiasm and passion is so contagious. You just shine. Just by basking in your reflection, my dim light brightens a bit.
    Thanks friend.
    And I am expecting such great things for you and your sweet Baby H. Cannot wait to see the Lord move.
    Hoping with huge possibilities!
    Love you, Shiloh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karis,

    I LOVE THAT BOOK! We have it at the learning center and we read it everyday before prayer time. We read it last year as well, and everyday is still EXACTLY what you need to hear! It is awesome! READ IT EVERYDAY!!!!! We miss ya'll dearly!

    ReplyDelete