A baby is born with a need to be loved - and never outgrows it.
Frank A. Clark

Our family

Our family
October 2011

Monday, May 16, 2011

One singular sensation

...every little step he takes...

Happy birthday to my little love.

In not quite a year you have completely rocked our world and given me the best on-the-job-training I've ever had.

Busy doesn't seem to adequately describe you...hell-bent would be a better description, but I know my mom wouldn't appreciate me saying hell in a blog so we'll just call you determined.

You laugh, alot. You smile, alot. You eat, alot. You are ALL BOY!
You chatter.
You sing when you get sleepy and you clap your hands when you're proud of yourself.

You are joyful.

You love bathtime. You love Harley. You love music. You love books.
You love your dada.
You love to snuggle. You love faces. You are affectionate.

You are opinionated.
You are curious.
You are messy.
You are funny.

Because of you I have learned:
how to fight the good fight.
how to live; faith, hope & love simultaneously.
.............that faith is more than just belief, it's a call to action
.............to hold out hope against all odds
.............that love never fails, even on the unloveable.
that love is a choice. not always the easy choice, but the necessary choice.
that God hears my prayers.


You are more than we could have asked for or imagined.

We couldn't be more happy to be your parents for this time in your life. Reminds me of my favorite story..."for you have come to this position for such a time as this."(karis paraphrase) Even if it was just for this year, you are/have been a joy & a blessing.

Praying for forever, but grateful for the now.

For this child I have prayed, and the Lord has granted my request.
~happy birthday my little love.

2 comments:

  1. Karis, you have been blessed with many gifts. one, is being able to write such an entry. Your word choices are special and vast,covering a wide area with their meaning.. so awesome. But more importantly,your faith.I respect it,love it,and envy it.. I hope that one day I can be surrounded with such a love for god,and his hand,in the ppl around me..I myself have mention to barb(my soon to be wife ) that I am very interested in adopting or foster care...so many lil ones who just need someone to love them and teach them how to love,ppl and the lord....thanks karis, u inspire me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karis- I too am praying for forever but, so grateful you are teaching me how to have such incredible love, mercy and the revelation of God's amazing grace in you. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete